This is one of my favorite times of the year. While everyone is busy with their healthy resolutions, the Girl Scouts are selling those delicious cookies! I think they do it purposely to sabotage us because, really, who can resist?! No, in all honestly, I love supporting the Girl Scouts. I was a member when I was little and loved cookie sales. This is my way to give back as an adult.
This is Alexandra’s third year in Girl Scouts and her first year as a Brownie. We just received the paperwork for her cookie sale, and I thought I would take to the blog to help support her troop. She would like to sell 200 boxes of cookies. Her troop doesn’t have a huge number of girls, so any support you can give would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to purchase cookies from Alexandra or have any questions, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a comment below so I can get in contact with you. They are $3.50 per box (a little pricey, I know, but it is for a good cause). All orders and money are due by February 4, so don’t delay. I am willing to ship the cookies to you if you don’t live close but would like to buy. If you don’t eat cookies but still want to help, you can purchase some to donate to the US troops oversees because they deserve a little deliciousness for all they do to protect our country.
Here’s a quick run-down of the flavors.
- Savannah Smiles: lemon cookie in bite-size wedges dusted with powdered sugar
- Trefoils: traditional shortbread cookie in the shape of the Girl Scout seal
- Do-Si-Dos: crunchy oatmeal sandwich cookie with peanut butter filling
- Samoas: crisp cookie coated in caramel, toasted coconut and dark chocolate
- Dulce de Leche: bite-size cookies with caramel chips
- Thank U Berry Munch: crispy cookie with cranberries and white chocolate chips
- Thin Mints: chocolate wafer cookie coated in chocolate with natural peppermint
This is also the perfect time for a little Troop Beverly Hills! If you haven’t seen this movie, do so now before you buy any cookies. Here’s a video I couldn’t help but share. It really helps get you in the cookie selling mood! It is FAAABBBUUULLLOOUUSS!