You know you’re a runner when…
- Dry-fit is the main component of your wardrobe.
- You own many pairs of shoes that still look decent but lack any tread.
- You have more race shirts than you can count.
- Your Friday nights consists of carb loading and hydrating.
- You hear the word “Garmin” and instantly think of a watch.
- Weekends mean one thing – long runs.
- In your vocabulary, taper is a noun, not a verb, and you don’t mean a thin candle.
- You recognize energy gels and chews as their own food group.
- You spend $50+ on compression socks and know they are worth every penny.
- You know that fartlek has nothing to do with your butt.
- You consider yourself incredibly lucky to have all 10 toenails.
- YOU RUN! It doesn’t matter how far or how fast. What matters is you have the determination to start and continue.
What would you add to the “you know you’re a runner when…” list?