I can’t believe that I haven’t written a post since the end of August. Honestly, I don’t even know where that month went, and I am still trying to wrap my head around that fact that there will be snow on the ground soon. I am not looking forward to shoveling my massive driveway, but I bet it will be a killer cardio session.
Anyway, since I felt the need to write a post, here’s just a bunch of random things that I want to share with you.
- Alexandra will be running her first 5K sooner than expected, and I am beyond exited! The original plan was for her to run her first race with me in May 2014 when we do the Cleveland Marathon 5K, but we ran 2 miles this past week. When we were done, she looked at me and asked, “So when can I do a 5K?” I am pretty sure we are going to run the Skeleton 5K Run in Amherst on October 27. Her Girl Scout troop will also be participating in the 1 mile, so if we train enough, I think my girl might have enough energy for the 1 mile with her troop and the 5K with me 🙂 I will keep you posted on her progress.
- I am a Sparkly Soul addict (as if you didn’t know this already). I recently made room in my dresser for my headbands to have their own designated spot. I don’t have every color…yet. I am expecting another package any minute now. Ladies (and guys who want to wear sparkly headbands), if you never buy another headband in your life, PLEASE spend the extra money and get one of these. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. They have become a regular part of my workout and work wardrobe.
- I am burnt out on house stuff. I moved in at the end of July, and I still have stuff in boxes in my basement. I just can’t bring myself to unpack or paint or do much of anything home repair related. I think I busted my butt painting and cleaning and fixing up and etc., etc., etc. that I just don’t have any energy left. Hoping that a little motivation comes my way because I still have a bunch of painting to do. Any friends want to help out?
- Aside from a brief knee injury, running has been going extremely well for me! I have two half marathons coming up in October, and I am looking to accomplish a serious PR. I am talking close to a full minute per mile faster than my (first and) last half marathon in May 2011. Don’t start thinking that I am super speedy because I’m not, but the past two long runs (8 and 9 miles) have been completed with a 9:31 and 9:32 minute per mile pace. For me, that is HUGE! As for short distances, I am almost always under 9 minutes per mile, and, for the first time ever, I completed a mile in the 7 minute pace range (and I will brag that it was the final mile of my 3 mile run last Wednesday). I have never, ever done that. So if you’re fast and you’re reading this and scoffing, screw you. I have worked hard, and this is my accomplishment. Let me celebrate.
- Some huge news to share with you…I am legally changing back to my maiden name! This is something that I should have done when I got divorced, but at that time, I was concerned about not having the same name as my children. My ex got remarried this summer, and that was the push I needed to just change the damn thing. I definitely didn’t want to share the same name as them, and a name is not what makes me my children’s mother. I am their mother regardless of my name. I also found out that I could do it on my own without paying a lawyer, so that was fabulous. I already shelled out enough money for lawyer stuff over the past four years. So, I completed the first two steps to legally change my name in the state of Ohio – 1. I filed papers with Lorain County Probate Court (and paid a ridiculous court fee) and 2. I published the notice in the paper (and paid a ridiculous fee). But in my opinion, that was money well spent. The last step will take place in October when I go to court and get the final blessing from the judge. Then it’s goodbye, Charles, and hello, Lesco! It will be so good to be back!!!!! 🙂