We’re a little over a week into November, and this is typically a month where we take a break from our crazy lives to stop and realize how very thankful we are. I’ll be the first to admit that I am not as appreciative as I should be for the great things that I have and spend a little too much time thinking about the things I don’t (or can’t provide my kids, which is mostly the case). But, it’s time to give a rundown of things that I am thankful for, and this is my first installment of things I am thankful for 2014. There will be one item for each day of November, so here’s the first 8.
1. Lip Smackers Dr. Pepper – I absolutely love this stuff! Since kinda swearing off lipstick after my kid were born (kids aren’t as cute when they’re covered in bright kisses), I’ve found that this is a great alternative. It moisturizes and gives some color, and for a girl with lips that are practically flesh toned, that is a good thing.
2. Healthy children – Aside from an occasional cold, my kiddles are very healthy. Many families are not able to say that. Being a Children’s Champion for the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon made me even more thankful.
3. My “new” house – I loved my old place, but we definitely outgrew it. One bathroom for five people = difficult. Thankfully, a bigger place opened up in the kids’ school district, and I was able to move in. Despite needing a
little lot of work, this place is great for us.
4. Mizuno running shoes – My favorite! Since switching to this brand of shoes in 2011, I haven’t encountered the usual running problems – blisters, lost toe nails, foot pain, etc. The stability types work wonders for me. With all the running that I have been doing, I go through shoes rather quickly, but I just look at it as having a mini Christmas every 4-5 months or so. (A little extra thanks to Running Warehouse! I have been ordering my shoes from there lately. The prices are great, and the service is even better!)
5. Diet Dr. Pepper – I don’t think I would be able to survive without this!
6. The Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon – If you didn’t hear yet, I was welcomed back as an official blogger for the Cleveland Marathon. I am thankful for so many reasons – being part of a great team of official bloggers, sharing my training experiences with a broader audience, and representing my hometown race.
7. Garnier Moroccan oil – Unfortunately the hair gods didn’t bless me when I was born. My hair doesn’t grow, is fine, is prone to breakage, and sometimes looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket (Just ask Alexandra. She told this to a stranger once). But once I add this to it, it’s not half bad. Try it; you’ll like it.
8. Supportive family – My fam is the best! They are always there when I need them, and I am thankful for everything they do for the kiddles and me. I hope they know how much I love them.