Have you registered for a Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon race yet? If so, good for you, and I wish you the best during training (I’m giving you a virtual high five). If not, I am left wondering why the heck not?! With a full marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K, and a kids’ run, there is really no excuse to not join in the fun. Remember that New Year’s resolution that you made to get healthier this year? Signing up for a race is exactly the kick in the butt you need to motivate yourself, and you should do it before the price increase on January 16. Saving money is always fabulous.
Still on the fence about whether or not you want to run or walk a race on May 17 or 18? Here are a few reasons why you should give it a shot.
- This is OUR hometown race! I know many of my readers live in northern Ohio. Why wouldn’t you want to be part of something that is such a sense of pride for Cleveland? Join 20,000 others who want to run through our great city.
- Setting a goal for yourself and making a commitment means you are more likely to stay on track. It is easy for me to slack on running when I don’t have a major race scheduled, but when I sign up for a half or full, my motivation is through the roof. Trust me on this; just sign up.
- If you spend the money on it, you are also more likely to stick with it and want to do well. Who likes to waste money?!
- You can brag to your friends that you are running a race! Also, all of that bragging may encourage them to want to join you. Events like these are so much fun to do with a group, especially if it’s your first race.
- This is kind of a low blow, but, honestly, my 9-year-old is running the 5K with me the day before the marathon. Do you mean to tell me you can’t either run or walk that distance or more? Shame on you if you say you can’t. I KNOW you can.
Do me a favor; register for one of the races. You’ll be so happy that you did.
And if you’re wondering about my training and race plan, here’s a little update. Marathon training, in earnest, has begun. I’ve plotted out my training schedule, and I am looking forward to making my 2014 Cleveland Experience the best one yet! Also, thanks for being part of my journey. It’s going to be a great one, and I can’t wait to share it with you.