I’ve been an official blogger/race ambassador for the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon for the past three years, and this is the post that I look forward to each year. The marathon generously provides us with a free entry to give away to our readers, and now it’s time for me to share that with you! One lucky reader will snag a free entry to the race of his/her choice (marathon, half marathon, 10K, or 5K).
Before I get to the giveaway, I wanted to pass along some info on the races. The CLE marathon is always looking to improve, and based on participant feedback, there are some great changes you can expect this year. Here are some of them.
- NEW START LINE! Due to the race’s expanding partnership with the Cleveland Cavaliers, this year’s race will start at The Q (Quicken Loans Arena)! And there will be every runner’s dream – some indoor bathrooms available! Also new this year is a 7:00AM start for the marathon, half marathon, and 10K, so no staggered starting.
- Mobile gear check – this year, you can drop your gear off at the start, and it will be transported to the finish, which makes life oh so much easier.
- New additions to the course – participants will have a chance to run through Playhouse Square and Gordon Square Arts District. Fan favorites, like Tremont and Ohio City, will also be ready to welcome runners. And let’s not forget about the west side areas of Lakewood and Rocky River, which were added new to last year’s course and provided lots of support for runners.
- Finisher medals for 5K participants – my kids will be beaming from ear to ear when they get that medal around their necks on Saturday. If you’re looking to tackle your first 5K, I highly recommend the Cleveland Marathon 5K held on Saturday, May 16.
- Expo in Downtown Cleveland – the Expo will be held at the Cleveland Convention Center in Hall A, which means all of the weekend’s festivities (races, expo, annual pre-race pasta dinner, race after-party) are right in the heart of Cleveland. This makes me smile.
Okay, now that I gave some updates, on to the giveaway! The giveaway will run Monday, April 13 through Sunday, April 19. The winner will be announced on Monday, April 20. There are lots of ways to win, so read the info below and start entering! NOTE: If you are currently signed up to run a race, you cannot win the giveaway and receive your race entry fee back. This giveaway is for new participants only. However, if you are running on Sunday and want to run the 5K on Saturday, enter away!
WAYS TO ENTER!
- Leave a comment letting me know which race you would like to run if you won.
- Like the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon on Facebook and leave a comment.
- Follow the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon on Twitter (@clevemarathon) and leave a comment.
- Follow the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon on Instagram (@clevemarathon) and leave a comment.
- Follow me on Twitter (@stephplusfour) and leave a comment.
- Follow me on Instagram (@stephplusfour) and leave a comment.
- Tweet about the giveaway, tagging the CLE marathon and me, and let me know in the comments (you can tweet and leave a comment about it once each day, so that’s 7 entries!). If you need a little help, use something like this – I want to #runCLE with @stephplusfour & the @clevemarathon (and insert the blog link).
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY RUNNING!