Chances are if you think of great restaurants in the Cleveland area, Pier W will probably come to mind. So when I was contacted on behalf of the restaurant to help promote their race and celebrate their 50th anniversary, I jumped on it! Pier W is hosting the Copper River Salmon Run/Walk 5K on Saturday, May 30 at 10:00AM. The race begins at Lakewood Park’s Outdoor Pavilion (14532 Lake Avenue, Lakewood) and following the race, there is a lunch on the patio at Pier W. The race celebrates Alaska’s Copper River salmon season, and proceeds benefit an organization that does great things to help local residents – the Malachi House. The Malachi House cares for terminally ill patients who have no caregivers or available funds to pay for care. I encourage you to check out their website and read their resident stories, and I dare you to not shed a tear.
Race registration is only $30, but I was offered a free race entry for myself and one lucky reader! If you want to run with me on May 30, here’s your chance. You can have one entry for each of the items below.
- Leave a comment telling me why you would like to run this race and/or why you love Pier W.
- Like Pier W on Facebook and leave a comment below.
- Like Malachi House on Facebook and leave a comment below.
- Follow Pier W on Twitter and leave a comment below.
- Tweet about the giveaway and tag both Pier W (@pierwcleveland) and me (@stephplusfour) in it. Make sure you leave a comment below.
The giveaway ends Monday, May 18. The winner will be selected using random.org and contacted by me via email. He/she must claim the prize within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen. Thanks again, Pier W, for allowing me to promote the race and offering the entries! I’m excited for May 30!
For more information on the race, check out http://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/pierw.asp.