Who likes running a 5K and then relaxing on a patio while a fabulous lunch is cooked for you, AND you get to support a local charity? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me! Pier W in Lakewood is hosting the Copper River Salmon Run/Walk 5K, a race that celebrates Alaska’s Copper River salmon season and benefits Cleveland’s Malachi House. Malachi House provides care for terminally ill people regardless of race, gender, religion, or nationality without cost to the resident or family. Founded in 1988, Malachi House has served more than 2,000 people since opening its doors and has given those residents support and comfort in their last days.
The race is Saturday, May 21 at Lakewood Park, 14532 Lake Avenue, Lakewood OH 44107. Registration begins at 9:00AM, and the race starts at 10:00AM. The awards and lunch are held at Pier W.
In addition to running through Lakewood, which I love, the race features a lunch on Pier W’s patio. This is not just any lunch. Race participants have the choice of salmon burger, black bean burgers, beef burgers, or turkey dogs all served up by Pier W’s Chef Regan Reik. And for those of you who have been to Pier W, you know the food is delicious! It’s seriously one of my favorite restaurants.
Want a chance to run this race for free? Today’s your lucky day because in return for sharing information about this race, I was provided an entry to give away. The giveaway starts today, Tuesday, May 10 and goes through Saturday, May 14. Winner will be selected randomly and announced Sunday. He/she has 24 hours to confirm before another winner is selected. You can have up to 6 entries by doing the items below:
- Leave a comment letting me know why you want to run this race (besides the obvious reasons which are to help charity and eat delicious food).
- Tweet about the giveaway and leave a comment letting me know you did.
- Like Pier W on Facebook and leave a comment.
- Follow Pier W on Twitter and leave a comment.
- Like Malachi House on Facebook and leave a comment
- Follow Malachi House on Twitter and leave a comment.